Friday, October 19, 2012

More Tweeria Fun: Item Crafting

One of my favorite activities in RPGs is creating items. I spend more time at that than gameplay sometimes. I like to understand my character/class, figure out what most aids them in their playstyle and then create awesome items for my avie.

I've been allowed an "approve items" position in Tweeria, the new "lazy Twitter role-playing game" from Tweenk, which is in closed-beta testing now. I get to look at all the player-created items and approve them for circulation. As of right now there are no formal rules for items, so they all get approved in a day or three. Later, rules will cover what can be made, how much power it can have & etc.

What's been interesting to me is to see many people making items and keeping within the feel/story of Tweeria. Lots of creative & interesting descriptions like this:


I am a Mage-class character so I make most items with my power-stats; Intellect, Dexterity & Luck. I've also made a few Warrior-class swords & armors emphasising Strength & Hitpoints.

The creativity of the players in creating items is something nice to see. It also keeps the game from being only an RPG treasure-hunt or "collect 'em all" thing. Anyone can craft an item, and the best ones are very-well targeted at the character class, showing a lot of prior RPG gaming & character-development knowledge.

 By the way... you can sell your items too! I have quite a stash of gold built up from my creations; they are popular with Mage-class characters. It's nice to see that other knowledgeable players appreciate a well-crafted item & give you feedback by purchasing it.



Tweenk and friends have been working hard on the new game; you can read about it on the Tweenk blog.

Even more fun than the original game, Tweeria is a lot of fun to troubleshoot at this point. Lots of features have been added, like Raids, Spell Creation & items for plain old fun (like my Dragon mount). Beta is going well so you should be able to join the game soon.

You can still join the original game Tweenk and get a feel for how the game works with your tweets.

1 comment:

Rafael said...

Hey there! Tweeria and its item crafting are a bliss, except for one thing: I'm level 9 and I looted (and without notification) only ONE piece of Enchanted Ore. I see people two or three levels behind have at least 5 or 6 hoarded Enchanted Ore... Am I doing something wrong? Is there an undocumented way of getting Enchanted Ore?