Sunday, November 1, 2009

Devotion


Kelly Yap has been creating themed exhibitions for her gallery which bring together various artists to interpret the single-word titles. The results are interesting and creative, and this time we have Devotion as the theme. Come see the works of Ruuh Cassini, CHUCKMATRIX Clip, Salme Klaar, Al Lurton, Morgana Nagorski, Physeter Nicholls, Wolke Pinion, Sapphoria Shilova, Exosius Wooley, Trill Zapatero, Zephyru Zapetizki & Davideo Zelnik at the gallery through Dec. 15th.



My own space is an installation on the theme of Devotion to Craft; my one-year dedication to the return of my ability to create. Since becoming unblocked, I have left Los Angeles and taken this year to work on my craft. I don't have a job; I am spending my savings to work in Second Life and offline 12-18 hrs. a day, 7 days a week to catch up/upgrade/re-establish the skills and networks I left in 1999. Crazy? Maybe. But if you've been blocked for 12 years and your Muse returns, you take the chance and go where She calls.

I have bad dreams, insecurities, big fears. But the bliss of creation and being able to once again talk with my craft carries me. Please ignore the occasional freakouts.

No comments: